Thursday, August 8, 2013

Silhouette Cameo Fabric Ink



I love my Silhouette Cameo.  There are so many projects you can do with it.  With this machine you are only limited to your imagination.  One of the very first projects I tried with this machine was using the fabric ink stencil.

I started off by downloading a couple of pictures off the internet.  The Silhouette Cameo comes with an application that allows you design anything you want.  So, I imported the images that I downloaded into the application and started designing away!

Once I finally settled on the designs that I wanted, it was time to cut out the stencil.  The Silhouette Cameo also sells stencil paper.  (I hear contact paper works just as well, too.  I'm looking forward to trying this because it is much cheaper than Silhouette's stencil paper.)

All you have to do is feed the stencil paper through the machine and...VOILA! Sit back and watch the magic happen.  The machine cuts the stencil out for me while I'm sipping my coffee and playing Words with Friends.


Then I stuck the stencil on the shirts and painted away!  Once it was dry, I ironed over the ink to let it set.  Here are some of the finished products!

I dug through the girls' drawers to find articles of clothing that I could use for this project.
 


Below is a shirt that I made as a birthday gift.  As you can see, the Silhouette Cameo can make some really intricate cuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment