Tuesday, September 10, 2013

$2 Faux Wrap Dress Makeover

I picked up this little blue number for $2 at the same thrift shop as my other refashion projects.  The simple blue color caught my eye.  I liked the white-trim, too, but couldn't think of a way to reuse it.

I knew this was going to be my most challenging makeover because it's so plain.  I needed to think of a way to make it pop!


With all my brainstorming and trying this and that, I didn't stop my thought process to take any snaps.
But, to recap..

Step 1: Remove shoulder pads, sleeves, lapel and first two buttons.
Step 2: Take up the hem about 4 inches.
Step 3: Take in the sides for a snugger fit.
Step 4: There was enough material to wrap to around my waist.  So, I sewed a couple of hooks on the inside by the waist side.  This will be used to secure the wrap dress.

I kept the buttons on the skirt because I thought it gave it a little 'something'.  Then I paired it with a little bling-bling: gold belt and necklace.

I love my 'new' dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment